Tax Information

Ready to file your income taxes? Here’s what you need to know.

There may be income tax benefits for students with qualified education expenses who attend eligible institutions. As an IU student, you may qualify for:

Talk with your tax preparer or tax advisor to determine whether you’re eligible for any of these education tax credits.

Get the form you need

If you qualify for one of the credits, you’ll need to include a Form 1098-T each year when you file your taxes.

You can sign up to get your Form 1098-T electronically. We must have your Social Security Number (SSN) to produce your form, so make sure you submit it when you sign up.

Have questions about taxes?

IU Office of the Controller produces all tax documents.

Learn about taxes and education credits