Enhancing human resources
IU Southeast will fully utilize its human resources to support initiatives that further the campus mission.
- Support the lifelong learning of faculty and staff.
- Continue funding for faculty and staff professional development.
- Support faculty research and scholarly activities.
- Continue funding for faculty research and creative work.
- Develop innovative strategies to support scholarly activities of faculty.
- Encourage faculty dissemination of research at local, regional, national and international events.
- Encourage, mentor and support faculty applications for IU and external grants.
- Advance faculty awareness of external granting agencies and IU resources (PIVOT, proposal development assistance).
- Support the health and wellness of faculty, staff and students.
- Utilize the wellness coalition in partnership with Healthy IU to host walks.
- Promote Healthy IU events and activities including group fitness classes and outdoor fitness areas.
- Include health and wellness information in new employee orientation.
- Promote health and wellness options to incoming students during student orientation and First Year Seminar.
- Educate all staff and faculty on programs (food pantry, emergency funding and counseling) available to support students in need.
- Develop “Wellness Wednesdays” program for faculty, staff and students.
- Develop partnerships with local community organizations, groups, gardens and farmer’s markets to promote healthy eating and learning in our community.
- Formally recognize achievements of faculty and staff in retention, student success, diversity and revenue generation.
- Develop additional training for faculty and staff that sensitizes them to cultural differences between groups and supports a more inclusive campus.
- Monitor staff and faculty engagement levels to ensure that IU Southeast remains a workplace of choice in the region.