Enhancing physical resources
IU Southeast will fully utilize its physical resources to support initiatives that further the campus mission.
- Develop a strategic vision and plan for renovating and repurposing the first-floor stacks of the IU Southeast Library with an emphasis on creating new teaching and learning spaces consistent with the Library's academic mission and in collaboration with the Library faculty and staff.
- Develop a plan to remodel classrooms that facilitate the use of best practices in teaching, instruction and learning.
- Re-envision our campus to be more responsive and lively for community activity.
- Host community events throughout the calendar year with an emphasis on revenue-generating events to cover costs.
- Expand homecoming weekend to include lectures, events and campus activities for alumni.
- Increase daytime and weekend utilization of the Graduate Center for community events and programs.
- Develop a process whereby the campus website is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Fully utilize athletic facilities and grounds by expanding Healthy IU offerings to include a disc golf course and an expanded intramurals program.
- Create a strategic vision to improve highway visibility and recognition of the physical campus.
- Complete a feasibility study to build a new recreation center or renovate current space on campus to house a fitness center, collaborative student space and after-hours activities.