Data-informed decisions and continuous improvement
IU Southeast will use data to inform decisions and enhance continuous improvement.
- Incorporate the assessment process to guide curriculum development and revisions and to enhance student learning.
- Review and revise assessment procedures to ensure best practices are used for courses, programs and campus review.
- Develop a process for normalizing the sharing of assessment between programs and units.
- Encourage faculty to use a feedback loop demonstrating course learning outcomes, achievement of learning outcomes and modifications made to enhance student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Schools will develop common procedures for faculty annual reports that share faculty use of a feedback loop in learning outcome evaluation to better prepare them for Tenure and Promotion and to more fully integrate assessment into teaching improvement and reflection.
- Develop and report school metrics to ascertain the degree to which faculty use the feedback loop.
- OIE will develop a yearly summary denoting how programs and units (faculty and staff) on campus improved their teaching and delivery of services based on assessment.
- Develop school-level and unit-level strategic plans and align with campus strategic plan.
- Create committees in each school and unit to develop amended or revised strategic plans to ensure alignment with the campus strategic plan.
- Implement and assess the 2021-2026 strategic plan.
- Develop an implementation team to advance the 2021-2026 strategic plan.
- Develop measureable outcomes for the goals and strategies within the strategic plan.
- Assign stakeholders to the goals and strategies to advance the strategic plan.
- Identify persons, units and programs who maintain data records needed for assessing strategic plan.
- Create a cross-campus committee responsible for compiling and inserting data into 3-year and final assessments.
- Disseminate report documenting progress towards achievement of goals, strategies, activities and outcomes at 3-year and final strategic plan assessment.