IU Southeast will improve the culture of assessment in academic, co-curricular and administrative activities.
- Conduct annual assessment day for co-curricular and academic programs to promote best practices in assessment.
- Utilize annual assessment reports to identify program needs and focus for annual assessment day.
- Integrate assessment committees (co-curricular and academic) into planning process for assessment days.
- Update faculty and staff on revisions to assessment process at annual assessment day.
- Invite and encourage assessment award winners to present best practices at annual assessment day.
- Identify innovative assessment practices and recruit experts to present at annual assessment day.
- The Institute for Learning & Teaching Excellence (ILTE) and Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) will provide increased workshops and support for faculty development in assessment.
- Increase partnerships for ILTE and OIE and assessment committees to develop and deliver assessment workshops.
- Increase awareness of assessment workshops or conferences for professional development.
- Integrate assessment in new employee orientation and for existing employee development.
- Existing assessment committee, ILTE and OIE collaborate to develop a curriculum to promote positive assessment culture and share important practices.
- Incorporate assessment into all new employee orientation.
- Create assessment awards for academic programs, courses and co-curricular units to recognize best practices and fund assessment development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Continue assessment award for academic programs.
- Create assessment award for courses.
- Create assessment award for co-curricular and administrative units.
- Provide opportunities for faculty and staff to share best practices in assessment.
- Invite assessment award winners to present at workshops.
- Create assessment-oriented presentations multiple times per semester.
- Develop and facilitate events for best practices in assessment.
- Highlight programs on biennial and triennial review, as well as co-curricular units who have advanced their assessment program on the OIE website.