Regional community service
IU Southeast will provide service to our regional community by offering high-quality activities on campus to support P-12 enrichment, community cultural needs and promote lifelong learning.
- Utilize the Office for Community Engagement to track, create and facilitate events as well as evaluate, increase and enhance programs already in place.
- Host large scale community-focused events, starting with one per year and increasing to one per semester.
- Host academically-focused events for P-12 students by having each school report existing events to the Office for Community Engagement and create new ones with a goal to offer a balanced mix for all ages within each school.
- Increase faculty and staff participation in community engagement events.
- Create a youth summer camp program for P-12 students with a variety of sections for all ages and interests.
- Resurrect and rebrand Project Ahead, increasing and diversifying options.
- Engage alumni and experts in their field to be involved in camp programs.
- Provide scholarship or paid internship opportunities for IU Southeast students who participate as camp counselors.
- Create and market a “priority admission” program for high school juniors and seniors who attend camp to fast-track IU Southeast enrollment.
- Create opportunities within the summer camp programs that target underrepresented youth.