Diversify marketing and recruiting efforts
IU Southeast will diversify marketing and recruitment efforts to expand market reach and increase new student enrollment.
- Develop a marketing and recruitment plan that clearly differentiates IU Southeast from other local universities to increase new student enrollment.
- Clearly define and develop a shared vision of what differentiates an IU Southeast undergraduate and graduate student experience and opportunities from other local universities.
- Consult with an outside agency to vet our marketing, recruitment and re-enrollment plans.
- Enhance and increase the use of authentic student voices in marketing, particularly on social media.
- Create and market work-ready credentials and flexible scheduling for working adults.
- Implement additional data-driven marketing campaigns for work-ready certificates and stackable credentials.
- Develop Title IV aid eligibility for appropriate certificates and market NextLevel certificates and stackable credentials that match high demand occupation categories.
- Partner with businesses to increase and market employer-paid for credit and non-credit academic programming and training opportunities.
- Establish point of contact, maintain list of contacts and identify liaisons between students/faculty and businesses.
- Improve social media and public relations strategies, including a landing page, that provide employers with information about the benefits of the educational opportunities, talent pipeline development and internship opportunities at IU Southeast.
- Create marketing and public relations strategies that highlight the successes of IU Southeast/business partnerships as they evolve.
- Develop recruitment and marketing strategies that focus on students most likely to persist such as those with high Grade Point Averages, Advanced Placement credit and athletic participation.
- Identify potential students with these characteristics and develop overlapping marketing and recruitment strategies to increase percentage of these students.
- Increase interactions with programs (e.g., Project Ahead, Upward Bound and GEAR UP) that identify those students more likely to persist from among underrepresented populations.
- Engage alumni and students in storytelling to highlight and market community/campus partnerships between students, faculty and alumni.
- Develop general branding/print pieces to distribute and direct to the website.
- Implement related digital marketing campaigns.
- Include current IU Southeast students in recruitment and admission events in local high schools.
- Develop recruitment and marketing strategies that increase transfer student enrollment.
- Simplify the transfer process between IU Southeast, Ivy Tech and Jefferson Community and Technical College to increase direct transfers and access for students with dual credit.
- Implement digital marketing campaigns to emphasize simplified transfer process and enhanced articulation programs.
- Develop streamlined graduate admissions processes that focus on reducing burdens on students and increasing the campus’ ability to share information about graduate recruitment and admissions, continuing to coordinate with the IU Online admissions office on these issues.
- Lessen burden on students transferring within programs by making use of shared transcript storage.
- Make use of the IU graduate application when useful (e.g., international students).
- Provide a centralized service to assist students who experience issues with the application process.
- Build a centralized data platform, similar to undergraduate admissions, that notes numbers of applications and admissions for each graduate program.
- Working with IU Southeast and IU Online marketing and communications, build a centralized platform for created branded materials and marketing and communications pieces that fall within IU standards.
- Enhance dissemination of information about IU Southeast campus events to increase student, staff and faculty engagement and to create ambassadors for IU Southeast.
- Create and automate a periodic email newsletter directed to faculty and staff that highlights upcoming campus events and upcoming campus deadlines.
- Increase social media coverage after events to enhance awareness of IU Southeast activities.
- Create web page devoted to extra-curricular activities and experiential learning related to instruction to highlight opportunities to prospective students.
- Create experiential major maps to advise students about how to make the most of their college career.