Enhance high-impact practices
IU Southeast will enhance the number of high-impact educational experiences (e.g., internships, service learning, research and study abroad) available to students.
- Provide faculty with training to successfully develop and implement high-impact practices.
- Provide training on different types of career and internship opportunities for faculty integration into curriculum and courses.
- Provide training on best practices in service learning and career discovery and preparation learning in courses.
- Provide high-impact education experiences through collaboration with community partners.
- Create and market learning communities of two-to-three course clusters that build community and integrate curricular or learning experiences.
- Expand internship and co-op opportunities to enhance the application of coursework in the professional setting.
- Expand the number of faculty that integrate service learning into their coursework.
- Provide high-impact education experiences through intentional, career-focused programming.
- Expand one-credit career classes in majors that can support it.
- Deliver career-educational guidance in each academic program as early as feasible to optimize the student’s ability to attain employment.
- Increase the outreach and engagement of the university Career Development Center to students.
- Increase opportunities for students to work collaboratively with faculty to develop research and creative projects.
- Expand the number of programs that provide career experiences, research or creativity projects as a part of the curriculum.
- Increase opportunities for students to have virtual and in-person off-campus experiences that enhance learning outcomes, build knowledge and advance career outcomes or decidedness.
- Expand the number of programs and students that participate in the IU Research and Creativity Conference.
- Provide high-impact educational experiences through increased alumni engagement in mentoring and instruction.
- Increase alumni connections within the classroom
- Diversify the current mentoring program by including alumni mentors.
- Host more academic program-specific alumni speaking events.