New York Times Digital Access
Current IU Southeast students, faculty and staff now have access to the NY Times through the IU Southeast Library.
To register for access to the New York Times through the IU Southeast Library, follow the steps below.
- Register or renew your access at New York Times Group Pass. If you are off campus you will need to sign in with your IU Southeast credentials.
- Create an account using your IU Southeast email address.
Please note: If you previously registered your IU Southeast email address on The New York Times site, you will click the 'Already have an account?/Log in Here Link'.
- When you see START YOUR ACCESS, the expiration time and date of your IU Southeast Group Pass will appear.
Have questions about the registration process? Watch a video on how to register.
Additional IU Southeast NY Times account information
Once your IU Southeast account is activated, students will have full annually renewable access until 12/31 of the graduation year that is chosen. Faculty and staff will have 4 years of full account access, after which the IU Southeast account can be renewed.
IU Southeast Library Group Pass Information
- If you are a current NY Times subscriber and are using your IU Southeast email, you must cancel your existing membership before authenticating via the Library Group Pass.
- The Library Group Pass does include access to The NY Times in Education and The Learning Network.
- The Library Group Pass does not include access to NY Times Cooking, NY Times Crosswords or Wirecutter.
New York Times smartphone and tablet apps are also available for free. (Please note that e-reader apps are excluded from the IU Southeast Group Pass.