The world's largest professional online network with over 433 million members in 200 countries and territories and growing rapidly.
Why should you create a profile and what will you find there?
- Professionals in your career area - check out LinkedIn profiles of those who are already doing what you want to do. What type of degree did they receive? What was their entry level job? Are they members of career related professional organizations (students can usually join these at a minimal cost)?
- Alumni - see what IU Southeast alumni who graduated with the same academic major as you are doing now? Did they obtain career-specific certifications? Which groups are they following? Where do they volunteer?
- Jobs – look at job descriptions for anywhere in the world. Learn what qualifications employers are seeking and check to see if an employer of interest offers internships.
- Groups – search for groups in your career area. See what professionals are talking about, read articles they are posting, join groups, and ask questions.
A quick look at your top five profile tips
LinkedIn Tip Sheets
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist for Students
- Building a Great Student Profile
- Using LinkedIn to Find a Job or Internship
- How to Network on LinkedIn
- Tailoring Your LinkedIn Profile to Your Goals
- How to Communicate Effectively on LinkedIn
- Build Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Job Search
- Add Certifications to your Linkedin Profile