Search for Internships
Whether you are pursuing an internship for credit or non-credit, here are some recommendations for your internship search:
- Start searching at least one semester ahead. Most companies will advertise internships a few months in advance of the semester they plan to hire.
- Consider your parameters for the internship; including location, number of hours you are available each week, paid vs. unpaid, and your learning goals for the internship.
Your Internship Search Options
In order to find an internship, you must utilize multiple sources. Layer your search by doing the following:
- Search online job boards
- Talk with family and friends, as well as your professors
- Attend networking events on and off-campus
- Join a major-specific student organization
- Engage with companies and recruiters via Linkedin