Adjunct Faculty Scholars Program
This program, funded by the IU Southeast Office of Academic Affairs, allows adjunct faculty to earn Faculty Development Units (FDUs) for participation in a range of faculty development activities. This program is modeled after the Continuing Education Units required by many professions. Compensation is $20 per FDU, delivered as supplemental pay at the end of the semester. Adjunct faculty can earn a maximum of $300 per semester.
Faculty Development Units (FDU) Options
- New Faculty Orientation = 4 FDUs
- Faculty Learning Communities, Completion = $100 upon satisfactory completion but no FDU credits
- Peer Review of Teaching Training - Beginning or Advanced, Completion = 4 FDUs
- ILTE workshops = 2 FDUs
- All those accepted into the cohort receive $1000 upon satisfactory completion but no FDU credits
- If you wish to re-take a cohort, you will not receive the $1000 but can earn 15 FDUs upon satisfactory completion
- Boot Camp – if funding is not available for $1000 stipends for participants, adjuncts will earn 15 FDUs upon satisfactory completion
- 1 Online Faculty Development Module, Satisfactory Completion = 3 FDUs
- QM @ IU Workshop (Quality Matters APPQMR), Completion = 5 FDUs
- Having Your Course Peer-Reviewed through the ILTE = 4 FDUs
- Consultation with an ILTE staff member for course development (1 hour) = 2 FDUs
- ILTE conferences (Adjunct Faculty Scholar’s Conference, ILTE Teaching Mini-Conference, SoTL Conference) = 4 FDUs
- FALCON = Saturday only (3 FDUs); 2-3 days (6 FDUs); pre-conference (1 FDU)
- Faculty are responsible for signing in for ILTE activities they attend. No other paperwork is required.
- Adjunct faculty can earn a maximum of $300 per semester.
- If an activity bridges across two semesters, FDU’s will be earned at the end of the semester of completion.
- Stipends will be provided at the end of the semester.
- Faculty may not be compensated twice for the same activity, for example, attending the same workshop twice.