Offered 100% online
This program is taught online.
The 100% online Chancellors’ Bachelor of Science in Accounting is taught collaboratively among the five regional campuses of Indiana University (East, Kokomo, Northwest, South Bend, and Southeast). Students enroll through their home campus.
The B.S. in Accounting is a comprehensive undergraduate degree and offers students the opportunity to learn about the processes and practices unique to the field. Students will learn how critical thinking and decision-making skills are essential to applying the practices and technology involved in the accounting field and business environment.
The core curriculum of the program covers essential subjects that will provide a strong foundation in accounting principles as well as an understanding of math, economics, financial analysis, and business law. These topics are crucial for understanding the broader financial landscape.
The program covers theories, concepts, and practical application of accounting principles including:
- Cost accounting, financial accounting, auditing and systems, and taxation.
- Applying sound ethical reasoning in accounting and business situations.
- Identifying, assessing, and navigating current regulations in the business environment.
- Preparing and delivering effective spoken and written presentations.
Accounting professionals are in demand across various industries, making it a versatile and rewarding career to pursue. Graduates have a variety of career options after completing their degree, such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (requires a comprehensive exam)
- Financial analyst
- Management accountant
- Tax, forensic, financial, government or nonprofit accountant
- Financial planner/advisor
These are just a few examples of the many career paths available in accounting. Your choice of career will depend on your interests, skills, and the specific area of accounting that appeals to you.
Some graduates choose to continue their education by pursuing a master’s degree in accounting or related fields to enhance their expertise and career options.
Take the next step
Contact, Address and Additional Links
Indiana University Southeast(812) 941-2333
4201 Grant Line Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150