Students will travel to the Philippines on July 11-27, 2020. The goal is to provide international experiential learning experience for IU students by providing opportunities to visit, observe, teach a lesson to selected K-12 classes and communities, and participate at a conference in the Philippines.
- No pre-requisite or linguistic proficiency necessary
- Open to all majors (undergraduate and graduate students)
- Up to 10 students will be accepted
You may apply if you meet the following criteria.
- Are eligible for student status at IU Southeast and/or be of sophomore or above standing at another IU campus or your respective university by the summer of 2020.
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Prerequisites: have attended at least 2 orientation sessions prior to the trip
- Currently not under academic or disciplinary probation
- Passed background check required for programs involving children
- Tuition Cost (3-cr hours): approximately $783.77 for undergraduate students and $1002.26 for graduate students
- Travel Fee (round-trip airfare, University dormitory or hotel, all meals, in-country transportation, excursions, conference registration); approximately $ 2490.00 (dorm) or $3140 (University Hotel)
- As a participant on an Indiana University Overseas Study program, you have the option to be enrolled in the health insurance plan administered by GeoBlue Insurance Services. The price is $32.65 per month and can only be purchased for full months, not partial. Your bursar account will be charged for the insurance. Application form to follow.
Financial aid and scholarships may be used to defray some of the expenses.