As colleagues in education, we know that you need quick access to information that will help your students attain their goals. These pages are designed as a portal to assist high school guidance counselors, community college advisors, and agency representatives learn more about IU Southeast and understand the enrollment process.
Welcome, school counselors!
Your student's application timeline
When should your student apply?
IU Southeast uses a rolling admissions process. It generally takes us 3-4 weeks to process an application, so students should plan accordingly.
High School students may apply any time after their junior year. We recommend that they apply by the end of the fall semester of their senior year, but we will continue to accept applications in the spring and summer.
Transfer students who are currently enrolled at another college or university can apply at any time during their final term. Students can apply before they complete their current coursework – our admission decision will be based on their performance to date. Offers of admission will be contingent upon receipt of the final, official transcript and the successful completion of the student’s courses.
Students who are not currently enrolled in high school or college can apply at any time.
What happens next?
- Admission: Students will be notified of our admission decision 3-4 weeks after submitting a complete application.
- Scholarships: The first round of fall scholarship recipients will be notified in early April.
- Financial Aid: For students admitted to the fall semester, the Office of Financial Aid will begin sending notifications about aid packages in early April. Spring and summer award notifications will go out on a rolling basis.
- Housing: Students are selected on a “first come, first housed” basis, so students should apply for housing as soon as possible. For fall, the housing priority deadline is May 1. Housing assignments are made in June. Move-in day is usually scheduled for the Thursday before classes start. Students admitted to the spring semester or summer terms should contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing to check availability.
- Registration: Students admitted to the fall and summer semesters will be invited to begin the registration process in March. Students admitted to the spring semester will be invited to begin the registration process in November.
- Orientation: Fall Orientation usually occurs the Friday before classes start. Spring Orientation will be offered several times between November and January.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get more information
Interested in learning more about IU Southeast's enrollment process, or need more resources to help your students?
Facts at a glance
84% of our graduates live and work within a 100-mile radius of this campus, and over 90% stay within Indiana or the Greater Louisville Metro area.
Our Education students
consistently rank above the national average on their exams.
Our Nursing students
have had a 100% pass rate on their national exams in two of the past four years.
Our MBA program
has been ranked by BusinessWeek as 18th in the nation, 3rd in the Midwest.
Our Business program
was ranked 5th in the nation for “Best Classroom Experience” by the Princeton Review, behind IU Bloomington’s Kelley School of Business at No. 1.
Our Chemistry graduates
All who pursued graduate studies have been placed, all who sought employment are employed, and 91.3% of the graduates who sought to enter allied health professional schools have succeeded.
Our Biology graduates
37% over the past five years have attended professional or graduate school, a rate 8% higher than the national average.
Our faculty are experts: students can learn business from a Wall Street Journal blogger, biology from an authority on West Nile Virus, and psychology from a shyness expert who has been featured in magazines and national news shows.