IU Southeast Professional Clothing Closet
Free professional clothing for Business students
Sponsored by the School of Business at Indiana University Southeast, Professional Clothing Closet provides students with free, professional clothing appropriate for interviews, networking events, career fairs, conferences, and the workplace.
The service is currently limited to Business students, but we hope to expand it to all students attending IU Southeast. Clothing options are based on donations and will be available to students as long as we have the supplies.
Student access to clothing closet
The clothing closet is located in Hillside Hall, IU Southeast campus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 941-2362 to make an appointment so we can have a staff member available to assist you.
How to dress for an interview
Get the best possible first impression by dressing appropriately for your job interview.
A good rule of thumb is to dress one level more formal than the everyday dress code of the company for which you're interviewing, but when in doubt, business professional clothing is generally recommended. Keep these other appearance tips in mind:
- Make sure your clothing is clean and neatly pressed.
- Your clothes should fit properly and not be too tight or loose.
- Keep your hairstyle and facial hair well-groomed.
- If wearing makeup, choose subtle and conservative.
- Ensure fingernails are clean and trimmed, and if wearing nail polish, stick with clear or light colors.
- No cologne or perfume is best, but if worn, keep it minimal.
- Empty your pockets to avoid bulges or distracting sounds.
- If wearing jewelry, air on the side of minimal and conservative.
- Avoid bringing gum, candy, or cigarettes.
- Carry a briefcase or pad-folio instead of a backpack or purse.