Admission to the joint B/MD program is a dual process. Students entering the program will be independently accepted into the undergraduate program at Indiana University Southeast and the medical degree program at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Steps for admission
Apply beginning October 4, 2023. Applications must be complete by January 8, 2024.
To complete the application, the following information is needed:
- Personal Information, Academic Information and Activities.
- An essay discussing your interest in medicine and your long-term goals in the profession of medicine.
- Indicating three references (High school Counselor, High School Science Teacher and a Personal Reference from an unrelated individual (minister, employer etc.) who will send a letter of recommendation to the B/MD Advisory Committee.
You are also required to send in your seventh semester transcripts to the address indicated on the reference form or bring them with you if selected for an interview.
What to expect next
- IU Southeast applications will be sent to the IU Southeast Admissions office.
- Scholarship applications will be sent to the B/MD Advisory Committee at the Indiana University School of Medicine-Evansville.
- The B/MD advisory committee will arrange for qualified candidates to have an interview with members of that committee.
- Applications from selected qualified students will then be forwarded to the Admissions Committee of Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Final selection and admission to the School of Medicine will be the responsibility of the Admissions Committee of Indiana University School of Medicine.
Neither acceptance into the Indiana University Southeast nor a recommendation to forward the student's application to the Admissions Committee of Indiana University School of Medicine guarantees acceptance by the School of Medicine. Selected students will have a provisional seat in Indiana University School of Medicine.