Assistant Professor of Strategic Communication
Interim Director and Chair of Study Abroad and Global Awareness
Strategic communication is designed to tell a brand’s story, spread awareness, and build relationships with audiences. As a Strategic Communication major, here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to creatively and effectively use advertising and public relations to grow a company, organization, or brand.
- How to craft compelling and strategic messages using words, images, and sounds.
- How strategic communication can enhance or repair a brand’s image, promote its products and services, or support its mission.
- How to change the attitudes and behaviors of consumer audiences by engaging them, persuading them, and building relationships with them.
- How to construct creative campaigns, and use traditional, digital, and social media to effectively deliver them.