Assistant Professor of Strategic Communication
Interim Director and Chair of Study Abroad and Global Awareness
Brands rely on strategic communication professionals to tell their stories, spread awareness, and build relationships with their audiences. Here’s what you’ll learn as a Strategic Communication major:
- How to creatively and effectively use advertising and public relations to grow a company, organization, or brand.
- How to craft compelling and strategic messages using words, images, and sounds.
- How strategic communication can enhance or repair a brand’s image, promote its products and services, or support its mission.
- How to change the attitudes and behaviors of consumer audiences by engaging them, persuading them, and building relationships with them.
- How to construct creative campaigns, and use traditional, digital, and social media to effectively deliver them.