Upcoming Play Auditions
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Audition for the Fall 2022 production of the musical comedy in the Robinson Theater at the Ogle Center on September 8th and 9th*, 7 p.m. Callbacks will be invited on September 10th.
Learn more about the show by visiting the IU Southeast events calendar entries for the September 8th and September 9th auditions.
|Production Dates||Audition Dates||Callbacks|
|Nov. 4-6, 11-13||Sept. 8 & 9||Sept. 10|
*You only need to attend one audition date, and the callback if invited.
Auditions are open to all, including IU Southeast students, faculty, staff, and community members age 18 or older.
- Present a 60-second monologue of your choice, if available. If you don't have a monologue prepared, you will be asked to perform a cold reading from provided materials.
- A short selection of music from the production will be taught. No need to prepare a song.
- Headshot and/or résumé welcome, but not required.
- Callback auditions will consist of cold readings and learning additional music from the show.
- A short movement section will be included. Wear clothing you can move in freely.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions are open to the public. Every effort is made to cast the best and/or most appropriate actor for each role for each show. However, since we are first a foremost an institution of higher learning, it is often necessary to consider the needs of our students in order to further educational goals. Those who are cast, regardless of whether they are a member of the IU Southeast student body or a member of the general public, are expected to attend all rehearsals and perform all performances.