- Students are encouraged to complete most of the General Education and Content requirements before applying for admission into the Elementary Education Program.
- Applications submitted by December 1: Applicant will be considered for the Spring Cohort.
- Applications submitted by August 1: Applicant will be considered for the Fall Cohort.
- Students accepted into program would receive a formal letter of acceptance in the mail.
- Students not accepted into program would also receive a formal letter in the mail, indicating missing information and resubmitted deadline.
The following criteria apply to all applicants to the Elementary Education Program, including those switching from the other academic programs at IU Southeast and transferring from the other higher education institutions.
- Including current enrollment, candidates have at least 55 credit hours towards their General Education courses, Pre-Elementary Education courses and Concentration courses.
- Completed EDUC-F200 or F201 and EDUC-F202, ENG- W131, MATH-T101, SPCH-S121, and at least one science content course and one social studies content course
- Completed Language Arts content courses (SPCH-S 121, ENG-W 131, ENG-W 250, ENG-L 101 or ENG-L 102)
- Have an overall GPA 2.5 or better.
- All General Education courses (except COAS-S 104), Pre-Elementary Education courses, and Concentration courses must have C or better.
- Good character associated with SoE teaching dispositions.
- Completion of application to the Elementary Education Program (SEP).
Note: Transfer students need to have acceptable recommendations from the instructors and field experience teachers in EDUC- F200.
- Pre-Elementary and Transfer Education Students:
- Please contact Mr. Troy Hubbard, email@example.com, (812) 941-2386 for advising at Hillside Hall Room 108B.
- Once admitted to the Elementary Education program, Dr. Cathy Johnson [firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 941 2428], program coordinator of Elementary Program, assigns a faculty advisor for each Elementary Education student.
- Teaching Licenses Advisor
- Please contact Dr. Faye Camahalan, Dean, email@example.com, Hillside Hall 20C, (812) 941-2136, for licensing questions.
Please submit all application materials to: