The certificate in multimedia production provides comprehensive instruction in production and writing techniques for web design and social media platforms. You will acquire a broad range of skills, including writing, designing, and photographing for multimedia platforms, as well as learn current strategies for capitalizing on the strengths of these dynamic media tools.
Share this webpage
18 Credit hours
Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0
For more information specific to you and your situation, meet with your academic advisor and find your ideal pathway to complete your degree on time.
The certificate contains a core curriculum of 12 hours made up of courses from:
- Fine Arts
An additional 6 hours of electives from these and other departments allow students to customize the certificate to his/her own needs.
All courses and prerequisites fulfilling the certificate must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
All courses are 3 credit hours unless otherwise noted.
- ENG-W 315 - Writing for the Web
- FINA-P 323 - Intro to Web Design
- JOUR-J 301 - Social Media Strategies
- MUS-A 101 - Intro to Audio Recording
Electives (Choose Two)
- FINA-D 210 - Digital Art Survey and Practice
- FINA-S 310 - Introduction to Photography
- JOUR-J 303 - Online Journalism
- JOUR-J 344 - Photojournalism Reporting
- JOUR-J 354 - Photojournalism Editing
- JOUR-J 362 - Journalism Multimedia Storytelling
- MUS-A 301 - Electronic Studio Resources
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), undergraduate certificates are a great way to fast-track your career in an affordable way.
When time and money are a major concern, certificates allow recipients to gain skills in their field of choice in a relatively short period of time, usually less than a year, and for a price that won’t break the bank.
Many of IU Southeast’s certificate programs are stackable – meaning that you can use the credit hours earned for your certificate toward an associate or bachelor degree program.