IU Southeast offers a Graduate Certificate in Academic Advising that provides professional training in how to advise students in the higher education environment. The 100% online program covers:
- Foundational theories in student and adult development.
- Techniques to guide students’ academic journeys.
- Opportunities to create an equitable and inclusive environment.
- Personal approaches to advising based on students’ characteristics, needs and experiences.
This certificate is a good fit for:
- Graduates looking for a 100% online program.
- Graduates wanting work in higher education, but not in the field they focused on while getting their degrees.
- Graduates who want to add another component to your teaching license.
- Advisors who haven’t completed professional training in the higher education environment.
Certificate hours can be applied toward a Master of Science in Education with either an elementary or secondary concentration for licensed teachers who apply to the degree program.