What is Microsoft® Office Specialists ?
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is a valuable credential that recognizes the desktop computing skills needed to use the full features and functionality of the Microsoft Office suite. In the worldwide job market, Microsoft Office Specialist is the primary tool companies use to validate the proficiency of their employees in the latest productivity tools and technology, helping them select job candidates based on globally recognized standards for verifying skills. The results of an independent research study show that businesses with certified employees are more productive compared to non-certified employees and that certified employees bring immediate value to their jobs.
In academia, certification can be effectively used to demonstrate increases in academic preparedness and workforce readiness.
Individuals seek certification to increase their own personal sense of accomplishment and to create advancement opportunities by establishing a leadership position in their school or department, thereby differentiating their skill sets in a competitive college admissions and job market.
MOS Series exams are proctored exams, and must be taken at a Microsoft Certified Exam Provider, like at IU Southeast.
Benefits of MOS
For employment seekers:
- Differentiates and helps job candidates get hired. Research shows not only do Microsoft Office Specialists find work faster, they also earn up to 12% more than individuals who are not certified
- Provides a firm measure that validates Microsoft Office training
- Gives credibility and substance to work skills
For those focused on career advancement:
- Increases salary potential. Research shows 82% of certified Microsoft Office Specialists report a salary increase after certification
- Sets company advancers apart as a desktop computing experts in their organizations
- Provides career opportunities. 88% of managers report Microsoft Office certification gives employees an advantage in hiring and promotion, which means greater earning power, respect, and recognition
- Provide a professional credential recognized around the world
- Help earn cost-effective college credit
- Demonstrate computing efficiency essential in the workplace
How can I take the test at IU Southeast?
The testing services are available by appointment only (usually can be scheduled during the Fall and Spring semesters; August – June). Each exam takes about an hour to complete.
The test center charges $20 proctor fee per exam. The proctor fee may be waived if the candidate purchases the test voucher from the test center. The payment is due on the day of the test (cash or check payable to IU Southeast).
Some vouchers may include a free retake, please see Certiport’s Voucher Policies for more information.
Please contact the test center for the current pricing for each exam.
The exam will be administered at Indiana University (IU) Southeast campus in Hillside Hall Room 56. In case you're not familiar with the IU Southeast campus, please see the campus map. $2 Visitor parking permit can also be purchased at the Visitor Parking Permit Dispenser.
Please note that IU Southeast is a Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC) and can administer many other exams from Certiport including:
- Adobe Certified Associate
- Adobe Certified Expert
- App Development with Swift Certification
- Autodesk Certified User
- EC-Council Associate
- IC3 Digital Literacy Certification
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Certified Educator
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Technical Certifications
- Microsoft Technology Associate
- Unity Certified Use
Please contact the test center for additional information about available exams and cost.
How Should I Prepare for the test?
Learning materials for Microsoft Office Specialist certifications.
MOS Office 365 and Office 2019 Exam Objectives
Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate
Choose any three:
- MO-100: Microsoft Word
- MO-200: Microsoft Excel
- MO-300: Microsoft PowerPoint
- MO-400: Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Office Specialist: Expert
Must earn Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate plus two from the list:
- Microsoft Access Expert
- Microsoft Word Expert
- Microsoft Excel Expert
MOS 2016 Exam Objectives
Interested in becoming certified? Register today!
School of Business
Indiana University Southeast
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150
Phone: (812) 941-2324