My husband David and I have been married for 23 years. We have 3 very active children, Ruby, Addison, and Brody. Our family loves to travel and be outdoors. We actively enjoy hiking, kayaking, and playing pickle ball. I am from South Bend, Indiana originally. My journey with IU began as a student myself on summers home from college when I attended IU South Bend to pick up additional credits.
- Indiana University Southeast, New Albany, United States
- Additional License, Major in Special Education
- University of Louisville, Louisville, United States
- Masters of Science, Major in Urban and Public Affairs, Minor in Justice Administration
- University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, United States
- Bachelors of Science, Major in Sociology, Minor in Criminology
I have been employed by the public schools of Indiana as a special educator for over 20 years. I helped co-direct the PBIS team at Bridgepoint Elementary. I have hosted student teachers and special education clinical students for IUS as well as educational psychologist clinical students for Indiana State University. I enjoyed my years of research on major community and university grants at the University of Louisville. I was named a Lighthouse Leader for state of Indiana, May 2021. My areas of concentration include: trauma informed schools, executive functioning skills for high incidence disability, teaching reading to those with disabilities (Orton Gillingham certified), and function of behavior and analysis.