Dr. Robert Rennie is a graduate of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Appalachian State University, and the University of North Georgia. He is a historian of Technology, Aviation, Modern Germany, and the First World War. His upcoming monograph, to be published by Routledge is The Struggle for Time: The Lives of Germany's First World War Aviators, examines the transformative experience of military aviation and the experience of time, in shaping the identities and memories of German fliers in the Great War.
At Indiana University: Southeast, Dr. Rennie's classes cover a range of topics, from introductory courses on European History from the Renaissance to the Present, to more specialized classes on the history of Modern Germany, Nazism, War Through Art, Twentieth Century Europe, and the Holocaust.
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Knoxville, TN, USA
- Doctorate of Philosophy, Major in European History
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, USA
- M.A. History
- The University of North Georgia, Dahlonega, GA, USA
- BA History - Honors, Major in History, Minor in English
Modern Europe, Modern Germany, History of Technology, Aviation History, The First World War