Robin K. Morgan received her doctorate in clinical psychology from Auburn University in 1988. She is a Professor of Psychology at Indiana University Southeast, She has served as the Director of the Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence, overseeing face-to-face and distance education, and as the Indiana University Director of the Faculty Academy on Excellence in Teaching (FACET), a system wide organization devoted to recognizing and advocating for excellence in teaching. As FACET Director, she served as the editor of the Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as well as the founder and editor of the Journal of Teaching and Learning with Technology. She has published numerous articles in the scholarship of teaching and learning, student stalking of faculty, and authored or co-authored several books including three in the Quick Hits series of Successful Strategies for Award Winning Teachers. The second edition of her Case Studies in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology was published in 2017; the third edition is currently in preparation. Robin has received numerous teaching awards with her most recent award being the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning with Technology at Indiana University.
- IU Robin Haas Birky Keynote Presenter - 2020
- IU Bender Fellowship to develop the IU Teaching for Student Success Modules - 2019-2020
- IU President's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning with Technology - 2017
- IU Gateway Grant for Introductory Psychology - 2014- 2016
- IU P.A. Mack Award for Distinguished Service to Teaching, Honorary - 2009
- IU Southeast Trustees Teaching Award - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013
- IU Mack Center for Inquiry on Teaching and Learning Fellow - 2007-2008
- Auburn University, Keynote Speaker, 9th Annual Graduate Student Teaching Festival - 2005
- IU Southeast Master Teacher Recognition Award - 2002
- IU Herman Frederic Lieber Memorial Award - 2001
- IU Southeast Distinguished Teaching Award - 2000
- International Innovative Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology Award - 2000
- IU Southeast Teaching Excellence Recognition Award - 1996, 1997, 1998 & 1999
- IU Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching - 1993
- Metroversity Outstanding Adult Teaching Award – 1993
- Auburn University, Auburn, United States
- Doctor of Philosophy, Major in Clinical Psychology
- Auburn University, Auburn, United States
- Master of Science, Major in Clinical Psychology
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, United States
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Psychology and Criminal Justice, Minor in History
- Introductory Psychology (Online: QM Certified)
- Abnormal Psychology (In-Person and Online: QM Certified)
- Behavioral Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence (Online: QM Certified)
- Sleep and Dreams (Online: QM Certified)
- Abnormal Psychology in the Movies (Online: QM Certified)
- Student Stalking of Faculty
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Richmond, A. S., Slattery, J. M., Mitchell, N. G., Morgan, R. K., & Becknell, J.. (2016). Can a learner-centered syllabus change student's perceptions of student-professor rapport and master teacher behaviors?. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology, 2 (3), 159-168.
- Kern, B., Mettetal, G., Dixson, M., & Morgan, R.K.. (2015). The role of SoTL in the academy: Upon the 25th anniversary of Boyer’s Scholarship Reconsidered.. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 15 (3), 1-14.
- Morgan, R. K., Hunter, S., & Bertrand, A.. (2013). Student stalking of faculty: Potential gaps in campus faculty development efforts.. Journal of Faculty Development, 27 (3), 17-21.
- Morgan, R. K., & Ball, K.. (2012). Student stalking of faculty: Impact on faculty behaviors in the classroom.. Psychology Journal, 9 (2), 66-72.
- Morgan, R. K., & Kavanaugh, K. D.. (2011). Student stalking of faculty: Results of a nationwide survey.. The College Student Journal, 45 (3), 512-523.
- Morgan, R. K.. (2010). Book review: The online teaching survival guide: Simple and practical pedagogical tips.. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 10 (3), 145-146.
- Morgan, R. K.. (2010). Students stalking faculty: Real and imagined relationships.. Sexuality and Culture, 14 (1), 5-16.
- Morgan, R. K.. (2009). Student stalking of faculty: Impact and prevalence.. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 9 (2), 98-116.
- Morgan, R. K.. (2008). Exploring the pedagogical effectiveness of clickers.. InSight: A Journal of Scholarly Teaching,, 3 (1), 31-36.
- Morgan, D. L., & Morgan, R. K.. (2001). Single-participant research design: Bringing science to managed care. American Psychologist, 56 (1), 119-127.