IU Southeast Writing Competition
- Flash Fiction (limit: 1000 words)
- Fiction (limit: 7500 words)
- Creative Nonfiction (limit: 7500 words)
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries in each category.
Winners will be honored during the annual English Department Gala on April 27, 2023.
To be eligible, students must have been enrolled for a full semester from Summer I 2021 to Spring 2023.
Limit: Two entries per student per category. You may submit in as many categories as you like, but each entry must be submitted separately.
- Submissions must be attached through the form below. Word documents only.
- Submit entry in 12-point font, double-spaced. Poetry may be single-spaced.
- Include your full name ONLY on the cover sheet, NOT on your submission(s). Entries that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
Submission Deadline: March 4, 2023
For questions, please contact The Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.