C-6. Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: New Policy
To promote student persistence by offering resources for scholarships and financial assistance.
The nursing program will maintain a file of nursing scholarships and routinely inform students of scholarship and financial assistance opportunities available to them.
- Scholarship applicants must submit a Federal Financial Aid Form (FAFSA) on-line prior to the published deadline in order to receive scholarship or other financial assistance.
- Indiana University Southeast Scholarships are announced and applications are available during the month of February.
- IU Southeast nursing faculty comprise the committee to review scholarship applications and select recipients. Recipients are notified in writing of the award(s) and the scholarships/financial assistance are posted to the student’s account by the Financial Aid office.
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) scholarships will be announced and available for student application(s) during the month of February or as soon as they are released.
- Applicants complete the scholarship application(s) on-line and submit to IUPUI. Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the IUPUI scholarship committee. Scholarships are posted to the student’s account by the Financial Aid office.
- IUPUI sends the IU Southeast nursing advisor notification of IU Southeast scholarship recipients during the summer session.
- The academic advisor will notify nursing students of other scholarships and financial assistance as they become available.
Effective Date: Fall 1999
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: February 8, 2010
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: March 15, 2010
III. General Policies
- C-1 Annual Requirements and Registering for Nursing Classes
- C-2 Approval of Undistributed Courses
- C-3 Definition of Clock Hour per Credit Hour
- C-4 Course Time Limit
- C-5 Essential Abilities
- C-6 Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
- C-7 Academics and Grievances
- C-8 Use of Social Media and other Electronic Communication
- C-9 Withdrawal from Nursing Courses
- C-10 Dismissal Policy
- C-11 Reinstatement to the Nursing Major
- C-12 Clinical Contracts
- C-13 Student Retention Algorithm