C-3. Definition of Clock Hour per Credit Hour
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: Revision
To provide consistent interpretation of clock hours per credit hour.
- A clock hour per credit hour will be interpreted as 50 minutes for all undergraduate student learning experiences. This interpretation is to be applied uniformly to both didactic and clinical/lab/experiential learning experiences.
- Conferences/seminars or similar pedagogical approaches used in conjunction with didactic or clinical/lab/experientially oriented learning experiences must fit within the allotted clock time given that course.
- All individualized experiences connected with a required course must fit within the allotted clock time given that course.
- Clock time does not include time for activities (ex: travel, meals, breaks, etc.) related to the learning experience.
- Contact hour definitions:
- 1 credit hour didactic = 50 minutes
- 1 credit hour clinical = 45 clock hours
Effective Date: April 1995
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: February 8, 2010
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: March 15, 2010
III. General Policies
- C-1 Annual Requirements and Registering for Nursing Classes
- C-2 Approval of Undistributed Courses
- C-3 Definition of Clock Hour per Credit Hour
- C-4 Course Time Limit
- C-5 Essential Abilities
- C-6 Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
- C-7 Academics and Grievances
- C-8 Use of Social Media and other Electronic Communication
- C-9 Withdrawal from Nursing Courses
- C-10 Dismissal Policy
- C-11 Reinstatement to the Nursing Major
- C-12 Clinical Contracts
- C-13 Student Retention Algorithm