Are you interested in a career working for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency? Maybe one in environmental education and communications? Or possibly a consulting role in the private or public sector? If these career paths speak to you, then the Sustainability and Regeneration program is where you belong. Students attracted to the environmental and sustainability management are expected to work for governments, private businesses, and special interest organizations that seek to sustain and improve both current and future conditions for life on earth.
Advising and Career Coaching
Shelia Gustafson M. Div
Life Sciences 258D
Phone: (812) 941-2219
Alexandra Hall MS.Ed.
Applied Health Science Advisor
Life Sciences 270
Phone: (812) 941-2458
- Agricultural Manager
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Biochemist and Biophysicist
- Chief Sustainability Officer
- Civil Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Food Science Technician
- Industrial Ecologist
- Mining and Geological Engineer
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
- Postsecondary Teacher
- Sustainability Specialist
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Wildlife Biologist
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals
- IU Environmental Resilience Institute
- Foundation for Sustainable Development
- Global Green USA
- Green Drinks Louisville
- One Planet Living
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- World Resources Institute
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- Hoosier Environmental Council
- Louisville Grows
- Louisville Sustainability Council
- Ohio Valley Creative Energy
- Raptor Rehabilitation of Kentucky
- Trash Force, Inc.
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- Catoctin Mountain Park – Geosciences/Soils/GIS Specialist Intern
- Department of Natural Resources – Naturalist/Wildlife Rehab Assistant, Interpretive Naturalist Intern
- Environmental Solutions and Innovations, Inc. – Wildlife Biologist Intern
- George Rogers Clark Land Trust – Farmland Conservation Intern
- Louisville Grows – Urban Agriculture, Education & Outreach Intern
- Preservation Louisville/Brennan House – Advocacy, Development Intern
- Specialty Earth Sciences – Field Technician Intern
- Transit Authority of River City (TARC) – Sustainability Program Manager Intern
- Walnut Grove Farm Nursery – Horticulture/ Plant Specialist Intern
This top employers list was created using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool.
- Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services
- Ohio Valley Creative Energy, Inc.
- Idemitsu Lubricants America
- GE Appliances, a Haier Company
- Toyota Industrial Equipment Mfg., Inc.
- Allied Universal