Clinical Lab Science
Clinical laboratory science is aimed at quality performance of clinical laboratory procedures on biological samples from patients. The results of these procedures provide important patient data that aid the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The clinical laboratory science curriculum offered at IU Southeast provides a broadly based background including specific chemistry, mathematics, and biological science requirements, as well as the opportunity to elect courses from the liberal arts. The curriculum of the clinical laboratory science program is fully accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation.
Advising and Career Coaching
Shelia Gustafson M. Div
Life Sciences 258D
Phone: (812) 941-2219
Alexandra Hall MS.Ed.
Applied Health Science Advisor
Life Sciences 270
Phone: (812) 941-2458
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals.
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society for Cytotechnology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - Indiana
- Kentucky Health Information Management Association (KHiMA)
- Kentucky Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- Baptist Health Louisville
- Norton Healthcare
- Family Community Clinic
- Kindred Hospice
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana
- Children’s Oncology Services, Inc.
- Kendall Optometry Ministry, Inc.
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- The Dermatology Center – Clinical Assistant Intern
- Colgate-Palmolive Company – Microbiology lab, Quality Assistant lab Intern
- Jay C – Pharmacy Tech Intern
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) – Laboratory Assistant Intern
- Geo. Pfau’s Sons Co., Inc. – Laboratory Assistant Intern
- Idemitsu Lubricants America Corporation – Laboratory Intern
- University of Louisville – Lab Assistant, Radiology Intern
- Louisville Orthopedic Clinic – Physical Therapy Technician Intern
- Jefferson Animal Hospital – Vet Assistant Intern
- Ridgeview Animal Clinic – Veterinary Assistant Intern
This top employers list was created using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool.
- Norton Healthcare
- Clark Memorial Hospital
- UofL Physicians
- Kindred Healthcare
- Catholic Health Initiatives
- Signature Healthcare
- Harrison County Hospital
- UnitedHealth Group