Students engage in a broad range of music courses that includes performance, music theory, music history and music technology, as well as classes appropriate for the focus of their selected concentration. A full array of general academic subjects traditional to the liberal arts provides skills and knowledge in written and oral communication and provides an excellent academic foundation for personal development and professional flexibility. Our goal is to help students fully develop their unique musical abilities with the goal of being prepared in both knowledge and skills for a professional life in music.
IU Southeast offers the following degrees:
Music, B.A. with the concentrations in the following areas:
Music, B.S. with the concentrations in the following areas:
Advising and Career Coaching
Gregory Roberts M.A.
Assistant to the Dean, School of Arts and Letters
Lead Academic Advisor, School of Arts & Letters
BAS & BIS Coordinator – Applied Science
Knobview Hall 110U
Phone: (812) 941-2584
Shane Thomas M.A.
Academic Advisor & Director
Knobview Hall 110W
Phone: (812) 941-2642
Career Coach/Employer Liaison for Arts & Letters and Social Sciences
Univ. Center South 106
Phone: (812) 941-2275
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals
- American Music Therapy Association
- Greater Louisville Music Teacher Association
- Kentucky Music Teachers Association
- League of American Orchestras
- Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association
- Women in Music
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- Louisville Chorus
- The Kentucky Center for the Arts
- Kentucky Derby Festival
- Kentucky Refugee Ministries, Inc.
- Community Hospice & Palliative Care
- Baptist Health Louisville
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- Iroquois Amphitheater – Sound Engineering Intern
- TNT Productions, Inc. – Music Business Intern
- Cornerstone Church – Technical Team Intern
- C&H Audiovisual Services – Audio Visual Technician Intern
- Louisville’s ESPN Radio 680 – Producer Intern
- Head First Media – Assistant Audio Engineer Intern
- Sojourn Community Church – Music Intern
- MCB Records – Music Business Intern
- Alpha Media (WDJX, WGZB, WXMA, WMJM, WLRS) – WGZB Afternoons/Music Director Intern
This top employers list was created using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool.
- AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts
- WBNA TV 21
- Norton Healthcare
- Blackstone Media
- Keller Williams Realty Consultants
- Community Montessori Public Charter School